The National Association of Data Protection Officers is a professional body that represents individuals or organisations that deal with:-
- Data Protection Act and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations
- fair and lawful use of personal data
- protecting the rights of individuals to have their personal data respected
- emerging proposals for Europe wide changes to Data Protection laws from the EU
- other laws such as regulation of surveillance (CCTV, Regulation of Investigatory Powers)
- Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations
- achieving transparency through a public right of access to official information held by Pblic Authorities
- other information laws such as the Reuse of Public Sector Information Regulations
The members consist of information governance practitioners from a number of disciplines including managers, administrators and lawyers.
Our aims are to raise the standards in the field of Data Protection and Freedom of Iformation through support of multidisciplinary practice and collaborative information and the provision of a forum for the dissemination of knowledge. We also act as a professional advisory body to other groups including government agencies.
Our hope is that this website will facilitate these aims and provide a resource for professional and members of the public.
The easiest way to join us is online but please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an invoice.