Welcome to NADPO
NADPO Blog http://nadpoblog.wordpress.com/
Stop Press: Joint DPF/NADPO seminar Tue 4th June 2013 at Dentons, One Fleet Place, London EC4M 7WS, for speaker topics and speaker profiles see Events tab
- NADPO Members, please reserve your place with NADPO (see below)
- DPF Members, please reserve your place with DPF (see their website)
- Others may be asked to pay a guest fee
Delegate places at our seminars must be pre-booked by email with the NADPO administrator (see contact details below). Attendance is free of charge to the first delegate from each paid up individual Member or affiliated Organisation. Any non-members or additional delegates will be charged £50 per place - to include catering.
For details (times, speakers, topics) of upcoming events please see the "events" tab, for presentation slides from past events see the "documents" tab (requires Member's forum login & password).
For membership enquiries contact the NADPO Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership costs £130 per year to include at least 4 events and online access to our members forum.
The National Association of Data Protection Officers is a professional body that represents individuals and/or organisations that deal with:-
- Data Protection Act and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations
- fair and lawful use of personal data
- protecting the rights of individuals to have their personal data respected
- emerging proposals for Europe wide changes to Data Protection laws from the EU
- other laws such as regulation of surveillance (CCTV, Regulation of Investigatory Powers)
- Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations
- achieving transparency through a public right of access to official information held by Public Authorities
- other information laws such as the Reuse of Public Sector Information Regulations
The members consist of information governance practitioners from a number of disciplines including managers, administrators and lawyers.
Our aims are to raise the standards in the field of Data Protection and Freedom of Iformation through support of multidisciplinary practice and collaborative information and the provision of a forum for the dissemination of knowledge. We also act as a professional advisory body to other groups including government agencies.
Our hope is that this website will facilitate these aims and provide a resource for professional and members of the public.
The easiest way to join is on-line using PayPal but please contact us if you require an invoice to pay by cheque..